Time & Location
Aug 03, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Lebanese Taverna, 2001 International Dr UNIT 1402, McLean, VA 22102, USA
About the event
Join us for an evening of informal conversation where Ascend Board members, Amy Shang and Rakesh Bhatia, will share key insights about their career journeys as industry leaders and offer candid career advice. Indulge in a delicious dinner as we foster connections. Register now to secure your spot at this memorable event!
Learn more about our featured guests:
Amy has spent over 20 years in the financial services industry, with significant time spent in front office, support and consulting roles. Most recently she was EVP, Strategic Implementation (Regulation) for HSBC, North America, where she was responsible for coordinating key regulatory responses for the Bank including managing the implementation of the Dodd-Frank legislation. While at HSBC, she was a member of US Diversity Council and served as Chairperson to the employee networking group for Asians and Pacific Islanders. Amy continues her advocacy efforts for the community as a member of the board for Ascend.
Rakesh Bhatia is a partner in PwC and leads the Global Business Services practice in the US. He has 35+ years of progressive leadership experience in sales, delivery, and operations for consulting and outsourcing with P&L responsibilities and working with global clients in numerous industries. He is focused on the Fit-for-Growth platform and helping C-Suite clients in driving Operational and Financial Transformation, Strategy, Change management, Global Business Services, Organization Redesign and Automation benefits. Rakesh has served on multiple boards including the Board Chair, PwC Acceleration Centers in India & China, Executive Board member of PwC Charitable Foundation (Humanitarian/Disaster Response Leader), President of Pratham DC Board, and Advisory Board Member of Ascend DC Chapter.
Dinner includes a selection of 6 mezzes, 2 entrees, and desserts. Sodas/Iced teas are included. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions when you purchase your ticket.
Know Before You Go:
- Ascend members can purchase tickets for $30, non-members must pay $60 for the event. Member discount code will be sent out in a separate email. If you have trouble accessing the code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ticket price includes dinner and beverages.
- Event is open to all (members and non-members) and ticket sales are non-refundable (but transferrable - just email us)!
- Guests must pre-register for the event (walk-ins are not permitted).
- Ticket sales will end once ticket limit is reached. Limited seats available.
- Registration information will be shared with Ascend GW.
- Ticket type