Sat, Nov 12|
Our Savior Lutheran Church & School
Monthly Member Meetup: AFAC Food Drive
Join Ascend Greater Washington as we volunteer with AFAC to help with Scouting for Food: the annual Boy Scouts Food Drive. We are seeking 10-15 volunteers to help!
Time & Location
Nov 12, 2022, 9:45 AM – 1:00 PM
Our Savior Lutheran Church & School, 825 S Taylor St, Arlington, VA 22204, USA
About the event
Saturday, November 12, is Scouting for Food, a nationwide annual food drive organized by the Boy Scouts of America. Since 1995, local Arlington scouts from the Chain Bridge District of the National Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America have collected more than 1 million pounds of food for Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)!
Join Ascend Greater Washington as we volunteer with AFAC to help with Scouting for Food: the annual Boy Scouts Food Drive. The Boy Scouts have collected more than one million pounds of food for AFAC since 1995.
Event details are as follows:
- We will meet at Our Savior Lutheran Church & School, 825 S. Taylor St. at 9:45 am.
- Instructions will be provided starting around 10:05 am so please make sure to arrive no later than 10:00 am.
- Park on the street, not the church parking lots.
- Volunteers should enter through door 11 of the school building and sign in at the sign-in table set up in the hall.
- Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Masks are NOT required for this event so please use your discretion. We will provide extras if anyone would like one. Volunteers who are unvaccinated are required to wear one while in the facility.
- Volunteers must be 12 years old or older so please do not bring any young children.
On Saturday, November 5, scouts dropped off door hangers to neighborhood homes in Arlington for people to donate non-perishable food items. These bagged donations, along with non-perishables collected from Arlington libraries, will be collected the morning of November 12 and delivered to AFAC, whose mission is to provide supplemental groceries to all Arlington families in need. AFAC currently serves 2,400 families each week. We need volunteers to help sort the donated items!